Monday, May 20, 2013

3rd Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge- Day 1: Why Take the Challenge?


"Ain't nobody got time for that".

I know that some may find it silly, or crazy. But we decided to take the Flats and Handwahing challenge this year for an entire 7 days. That's right, for 7 days we will be using flat diapers and handwashing the.

There are multiple factors involved with my choice to take the challenge. 

  • I wan't to prove that cloth diapering can be done.
  • I want families who can't afford diapers to know they can do it.
  • Also make people aware that there are some who cannot afford diapers. (Myself included.) You can check out my post about being poor here
  • You never know when a Zombie apacolypse will come. Who will make the diapers then?
  • Natural disasters happen, I want to know how to handle such a situation. 

It is also just because I want to learn and try something new. I have clothed diapers all of my children at some point, but never used flats. I was terrified of them. 

Here is to day one, our first flat. I'm not a great folder either. That is what I have learned so far. ha.




If it wasn't for having most of my stash already, I would not have been able to afford most of my pretty diapers. I'm not sure how I could do it. 

Let the games begin. (May the odds be in my favor.)

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


12 comments:

  1. I've always used disposable diapers. Just much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used flats for a while. they are fine for home, not so fun when you are out. Also after washing and hanging them on the sun to dry does wonders to keep them bright and keep their shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried cloth diapers because it's easier for us to come up with the money we need to buy a pack of diapers when we need them than to come up with enough money to buy a bunch of cloth diapers. And honestly, with 6 of us in the house I'm constantly getting behind on laundry and having to wash these would put me further behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, there are 5 of us. If you think about it though, diapers can cost thousands of dollars while some diapers will last you years and cost only a couple hundred.

      Delete
  4. I used cloth diapers for a while. They aren't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your blog but the pink is really hard to read for those of us who have eye problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really sorry about that. I wish there was something I could do about it now. It's definitely a not for when I change it next time. Thank you for your feedback.

      Delete
  6. My daughter used cloth diapers for a little while with my granddaughter but it didn't last long. I personally like disposable ones much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WOULD STICK TO DISPOSABLE ONLY BECAUSE IT MUCH EASY....BUT THE COLOR ON THOSE ARE CUTE FOR LITTLE GIRLS, WITH A MATCHING OUTFIT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a front loading wash machine, I wish we purchased a regular non HE top loader, our diapers just don't come clean (or our other laundry for that matter) and I have the best luck pre-washing by hand! We do pre-folds at home and disposables on the go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an HE too. I have to do a rinse cycle and 2 hour wash, with another rinse. By hand is much easier in the tub. Sometimes I do a rinse in the tub first and then put them in the washer. It helps.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Comments are always welcome. I promise I do read them all. Spam comments are not tolerated and are deleted.