Saturday, January 26, 2013

Describe your relationship with your parents

Everything that you go through in life, creates the amazingly unique person that you are today.
Those are the most endearing words that I live by. I'm not sure if anybody has come up with that quote before me, so I can't say it's original. 

My father was never around when I was young. He still really isn't around. We talk more now then we had ever before. This is a fact that used to bother me greatly. Now, it just is what it is. I'm an adult and I can face the fact that I didn't have him in my life. We definitely don't have the type of relationship I wish we had. The fact that I never had anybody to call dad is a bit depressing. 

I did have a step-dad growing up, but it just wasn't the same. My sister was his daughter and I knew I could never be. Sure, he loves me, but not as he does her. He is a good man though. I can't say I have any complaints. We rarely talk these days. I'm not sure whose fault it really is.

My mom is a strong woman. She has definitely been through more then I will know. She is such a great grandma! She loves these babies to the moon and back. I love my mom. 




post signature


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very good relationship with both. I talkto both pretty much everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Comments are always welcome. I promise I do read them all. Spam comments are not tolerated and are deleted.