Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What is the hardest part of growing up?

My kids are growing up, lets face it, that's just how life goes. 

Watching baby girls' adorable toothless smile brings me so much joy. She is growing up and getting smarter everyday. Today, she found her feet! Well she has been eye balling them for some time but today she was really trying to play with them. The first of my kids to like their feet. It's OK, they get that from me.

It's really not just her though, my older too are also getting big. Well, obviously they are!

I swear it was just yesterday that I was holding my pumpkin in my arms nursing her! Now she is 4 and in pre-school. Acting like a mini teenager some days. Where did my cute little baby go? 

My son is all boy. This kid has bruises and I couldn't tell you where these thing pop up from. He has no fear, I swear. Then the nest moment he is giving me kisses asking for hugs. He is the most sweetest little boy in the world! He is still behind in speech, but I think it's just that he is intelligent. Even Einstein did not speak until he was 4. 

Honestly, I can't remember not being "grown" up. It must have been at some point that I was a kid. But when i was a teenager I loved being able to be free and do as I please. I went for long drives to Newport RI. ( not far from me) in the middle of the night. My best friend and I had so much fun just being together. I didn't go to party's they came to me. Somewhere between being bullied and becoming a mom I had a small window of popularity I guess. It took me until recently to notice that one. I was going through a lot during that time so I just didn't take much notice.

If I was to tell my kids one thing about growing up it's that they should not rush it. I remember wanting to be 21. It's nothing great. When you are 21 you want to be 16 again. Having that freedom is amazing. That life just wasn't for me. I want so much more for them. They need to find themselves in their own way. I just wish that they will always be able to ask me whatever they wish to. 

I met my now husband at 16 and here we are. I always wanted this life. It may not be perfect but it's mine.
post signature


4 comments:

  1. Can so relate and know the feeling. My older will be four in July and is also in pre-school. I wonder all the time where the time is going, but do love my husband and kids so. Just wish time would slow a bit. Happy to be following you back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Janine HuldieIt kind of makes me sad. I wish they could stay babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat post, very open and honest and sweet to share with your kids one day when they are older. Keep living your dream - its yours and no one else can change your future but you. Enjoy every moment the way you feel is a blessing to you and your family and you will never regret your choices. Many blessings, Rebecca @ Love2EncourageYou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Comments are always welcome. I promise I do read them all. Spam comments are not tolerated and are deleted.