Saturday, March 30, 2013

Glow Bug Review


Glow Bug Review




Are you considering using Cloth Diapers? Are you not sure about the cost? I have the perfect option for you. Buy some Glow bugs! They are user friendly and price appropriate. They work great and will save you thousands of dollars! Check out my review of the Glow Bug Cloth diaper. 


Ease Of Use: ♥♥♥♥  I have said this time and time again. This mama loves her snaps! It makes using a cloth diaper easy. Most daycare centers prefer easy cloth diapers!  There are two rows of snaps on the front. Also, two sets of cross over snaps to adjust in size. There are 3 size settings. It is a OS cloth diaper. 

Adjustable: ♥♥♥♥♥ All OS diapers are adjustable to fit most babies. This Glow Bug has four sizes to fit babies about 7-35 lbs. It is pretty narrow in the center. I also wish there was an extra hip snap.


Leak Proof: ♥♥♥♥It does protect well from leaks. Most Glow Bugs will come with two inserts which I would recommend. The belly band is a great feature. It is supposed to help avoid blow outs. I wish that the inner material was a bit longer because after putting it on it seems to roll up. I'll try to get that picture for you. My issue with this is because microfiber is not good to touch babies skin. It does however protect well against leaks. The double gussets are great. They would be better if they were sewn the same. Improved waterproof flaps in the front and the back of each diaper to prevent leaks.


Wash Routine: ♥♥♥♥We all know prepping and washing diapers is a task. I don't think I would give any diaper 5 hearts. That's just how it is. I do have to say that the inner material and insert got super soft after washing. The insert is one of the softest that I own. It is a bit long, which is a concern because of the two pocket openings. I just don't want it touching baby girls skin.


$$$$: ♥♥♥♥ Glow bugs are rather inexpensive and you can easily purchase all the fluff you would ever need, without breaking the bank. Their 12 packs are $150. 


Cuteness Factor: ♥♥♥♥ Glow Bugs come in some really cute prints. Some of them are plain. Get 12 diapers in stylish boy prints when you buy our Glow Bug Boy Package or 12 diapers in stylish girl prints when you buy our Glow Bug Girl Package. 


Sizing: This is a One Size (OS) pocket diaper. It should grow with your child from about 7-35 lbs. 



Overview: I do love our new Glow Bug. It looks a lot like an Alva Baby. It is adorable, and protects against leaks. It is made of a super soft micro fleece and microfiber. The extra snaps are a huge plus. It would more than likely fit a newborn. We had issues getting it tight enough, however. The double gussets are a huge plus. I wish this was the diaper she was wearing earlier today. We had a huge blow out. The double pocket openings makes washing easy. Just unsnap and toss in the washer. I would recommend this diaper to any parent that wan't to start using cloth, or who already does! Just note that I found it narrow.

Check out how to care for your new Glow Bug here.



post signature


2 comments:

  1. I don't have any babies in diapers (waiting on grandbabies). But I love this fabric on this one and all the snaps. Just checking out what's out their when the time does come. lol
    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell from your photo, but I'm wondering if you have one of the old designs? I have three Glow Bugs- one from the old design, and two newer ones. The new Glow Bugs are considerably wider. I wouldn't call them narrow at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Comments are always welcome. I promise I do read them all. Spam comments are not tolerated and are deleted.